My current favourite travelling book
http://bookcrossing.com/journal/3193186
Anna registered this book, and I took it with me on our trip to the US last September. I managed to track down the only Official Bookcrossing Zone that we came anywhere near to, in San Diego. It was right out of the city in a neighbourhood that we wouldn't have gone anywhere near otherwise, and I had to sneak into an empty cafe, past the group of locals at the counter, right up to the bookshelf at the back, before walking out rather quickly. But it was worth it, although it sat there for over 5 months, it was found, and has a couple more readers including a wild find. Hopefully it will keep on going!
(If this doesn't make any sense to you at all, see www.bookcrossing.com)
Anna registered this book, and I took it with me on our trip to the US last September. I managed to track down the only Official Bookcrossing Zone that we came anywhere near to, in San Diego. It was right out of the city in a neighbourhood that we wouldn't have gone anywhere near otherwise, and I had to sneak into an empty cafe, past the group of locals at the counter, right up to the bookshelf at the back, before walking out rather quickly. But it was worth it, although it sat there for over 5 months, it was found, and has a couple more readers including a wild find. Hopefully it will keep on going!
(If this doesn't make any sense to you at all, see www.bookcrossing.com)
Jen's Blog

2 Comments:
At 9:46 pm,
Helen said…
Wow that's amazing, I haven't had any exciting finds like that one. I am keeping the zone in Horsham well supplied though.
At 9:33 am,
Anna said…
Yes I am quite proud of that one! I bought it at the book sale at the library here in Flitwick. It's been quite exciting seeing where it has been.
Post a Comment
<< Home