Do I read too quickly?
I was just getting into reading a new library book when I was thinking that it all seemed a bit familiar. So I pulled out my reading journal, and discovered that I read it already just last year. I was really pleased to find it in the library as well. So now I am faced with a dilemma. I can't remember the end, so do I keep reading to find out what happens, knowing that as soon as it is finished I will forget it instantly? Or do I just move onto a new book, not wanting to waste time with one that is so instantly forgettable? It's called Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult by the way, quite an apt title!
A good book which I can recommend though is The Night Watch by Sarah Waters, that was really good.
A good book which I can recommend though is The Night Watch by Sarah Waters, that was really good.
Jen's Blog

3 Comments:
At 5:37 pm,
Helen said…
I think you should carry on reading. If you remember the end or it gets too familiar you could always stop. You might enjoy it all over again!
I am starting my 10-year re-read of Daphne Du Marier - have just finished House on the Strand.
xoxoxoxo
At 11:48 am,
Anna said…
I would read it again, but then I reread a lot of books!
I'm glad you recommend The Night Watch, I got it out of the library last week but haven't got to it yet. I will let you know what I think of it! x
At 7:30 am,
Anonymous said…
You have a reading journal? Live a little Jen!
Post a Comment
<< Home