Jen's Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Our holiday!



Well we had a fantastic holiday! I'll start putting some piccies up a few at a time, in no particular order! This is me and Ram on our Columbia Icefields Experience. We took a special bus with big wheels up onto the glacier and then we had a short time to wander around and take photos. It was really beautiful. There was an icy stream around the edge of the walking area (the cones mark the safe limits). It's easy to forget how dangerous it is to walk over the glacier as it is so unstable. In fact, moments after this photo was taken I fell into a big hole hidden under a thin sheet of ice and I got very wet and cold up to my knees! This was on the part of our journey up the Icefields Parkway which joins Banff and Jasper National Parks and it was a wonderful day, there was so much to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home